Sunday, March 8, 2009

LOST: LOST IN THE 70'S

Sorry I'm late on this review. I was working all week as a PA and had to get up at 4:30 AM every day. So, when Wednesday came along, I fell asleep before the end of the episode. I know, I know. And, this episode was especially cool for me because I know the guy who plays Horace, Doug Hutchinson. He used to come into the wine store I worked at all the time and he's super nice. He even gave me an autographed picture of Locke! Anyways, great stuff. I was upset they were all stuck in the 70's but then remembered that Jack and Kate and Hurley and everyone ALSO came back in the 70's. I didn't want it to turn into some Benjamin Button type thing where Jack and Kate found an old and wrinkled Julliette and Sawyer hanging out on the porch of their initiative house sipping lemonade. But now of course there is the whole "love square" thing that they will all have to deal with. I like the 70's angle, with the hair and the VW buses, it should make for some interesting action coming up. But, what really did it for me was the scene where they flash and all of a sudden look up to see the back of The Statue in its entirety. The statue that we know as just a foot with only 4 toes we finally saw as what looked like the back of... wait for it... Horus? The Egyptian God? Maybe? Tying in all the Egyptian symbolism, the hieroglyphs from the hatch, the ankh necklace, Horace himself even! Very cool.
-Sara

No comments: