Wednesday, February 18, 2009

TONIGHT ON LOST: Meh.

I don't know, it just didn't do it for me. I mean I love the show, and I certainly don't want to ruffle any feathers, but for some reason, that episode left me cold. I feel a bit guilty for not liking it frankly, maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention. Maybe it's because last week was so awesome. Or, maybe because it was all a bit too convenient, I mean Lapedus is the pilot? Why would he need to be there? I like how it started, the reference to the first episode with the little twist. I liked the suicide note and the info about Locke. I want to know what the hell Kate did with Aaron, and how they all ended up on the same flight. I'd really like to know why Hurley buying up 78 seats on a plane didn't set off any radars with homeland security. It seems that would constitute suspicious behavior, especially by someone that's spent some time in a mental institution. But, this is "Lost," it's not the real world and one can't get hung up on a technicality like that when people are traveling though time and chasing islands that move around constantly. If you look at fan sites, such as Lostpedia, they've already come up with all this cool stuff that we've learned by watching that episode. They also noticed, which I missed but again, I wasn't paying attention, that when they go back to the island it's the 1970's. I guess that's why Jin was in the Dharma Initiative suit and the new looking bus. I don't know, but what I do know is that we are about to get some new characters from this Flight 316. Let's hope their fates and their character arcs fare better than some of the last newer folks to hit the island.
-Sara

No comments: