Sunday, February 22, 2009

DOMO ARIGATO MR. ROBOTO!

The Oscars were pretty good this year, I was actually impressed with the "new Oscars," as they were referred to by everyone, most notably Zac Efron. They did seem a bit fresh and different. The actor nominations were a big highlight, feeling a bit like the passing of the baton from the older generation to the new. I was incredibly happy to see Sean Penn win for Milk, I thought he deserved it. I must admit that I still haven't seen The Wrestler, and I'm sure Mickey Rourke's performance was amazing, but he already won The Golden Globe and The Independent Spirit Award. That's enough, there are other actors out there that deserve a nod. I also haven't seen Slumdog Millionaire which won pretty much every single award given out this evening. I mean I guess it's a good movie and all, but "Sound Mixing"? Couldn't they have given that to somebody else just for fun? Share the wealth a bit? Other highlights for me were the opening number, the James Franco/Seth Rogen bit and of course the Japanese dude that finished his speech with "Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto." That was awesome. Yay Wall-E!

No comments: